Entering the hospital as a patient can be stressful.
Thoughts tend to center on health concerns and who should be notified, not what items you will need as a patient or what documents you need at registration.
Dauterive Hospital understands and offers the following lists and other information to help make the process more convenient for you.
Start with the Basics
Basic items you will need to register as an inpatient or outpatient include:
- Picture identification, such a driver's license
- Proof of Insurance (insurance card, etc.)
- Social Security Number of the patient
- Physician's orders, X-rays and any other documentation from the physican's office that pertains to the services you will receive during your stay
- Emergency contact information for someone we may contact immediately if a need should arise
- Medications -- Please bring all medicine bottles for the prescriptions you take at home. Bottle labels contain specific information that will assist in your care during your stay with us.
In special circumstances ...
- Medical Power of Attorney -- If you possess a Medical Power of Attorney for the patient being admitted, you must provide a full copy of the document upon registration.
- Living Will -- If the patient has a Living Will, a full copy of the document must be presented upon registration.
Patients who will undergo an inpatient or outpatient surgery at Dauterive Hospital also should bring a robe, loose-fitting clothes and a pair of white socks.
Please leave all valuables -- watches, rings, earrings, chains, etc. -- at home. Dauterive Hospital is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Get home safely
Remember to establish a responsible party to drive you home after your surgery, test or other procedure.
Get on the Fast Track...
Drastically reduce the time you spend in Registration by taking advantage of the Dauterive Hospital Fast Track Registration process. Simply fill out the Fast Track Registration and hit Submit."
Registration staff at the hospital will begin to process the paperwork so you need only sign and go over a few documents once you arrive at the hospital.
Learn more about this service by calling the Fast Track Registration Hotline at (337) 374-4173.